Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at , LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Level 1 NOC Engineer will report to the NOC Lead/Operations Manager and be responsible for providing Level 1 phone support, network monitoring, and technical support with Lumen to one of our largest financial customers.
This will be an onsite third shift position (Tuesday Saturday)
THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
* Single point of contact for all customer communications and escalations.
* Thorough understanding of Monitoring Tools, IT standard operating procedures (SOP), work instructions (WI) and Server support documentation for Network Operations Center (NOC).
* Rack, stack and cable equipment as needed.
* Provide training and mentoring to other team members as they progress in mastering their professional skills and as they learn company and industry best practices
* Accountable towards business urgency, work in shifts to provide onsite 24x7 coverage to customer, be flexible to work beyond stipulated hours
* Analyze and report network and server alerts generated by the monitoring tools (such as SevOne, IP SLA) to the NOC Lead, Network Engineer and Nextgen Domain Operations per escalation matrix.
* Act as first line of contact for all Trouble Ticket issues, maintain the shift log and deliver the report to customer's distribution list.
* Create and follow up to change requests, incidents/Break-fixes and perform other scheduled activities within the SLA requirements.
* Interface with financial customer's personnel and vendor personnel including Network (Arista, Cisco), Carriers (Zayo, Lightower), market data providers (ICE, NSDQ, BATS), Server (HP) and storage (NetApp) to perform needed support.
* Provide input to shift reports and coordinate handover of incomplete activities to the next-shift
* Perform periodic physical checks of the cages at NJ2x,NJ3 and NY4 datacenters to look for anomalies in server, network and facility infrastructure.
* Coordinate and store all IT equipment with Lumen shipping department.
* Maintain vendor and visitor contact lists, escort authorized visitors to the cage (with backup provided by other Lumen on-duty local or remote NOC personnel).
* Create tickets and coordinate server break fixes with the financial customer's server maintenance vendor.
* Maintain inventory of spare parts for Network and Server equipment.
* Occasional emergency restarts of equipment in the datacenter, as needed.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN A CANDIDATE
* Technical knowledge and understanding of basic network design and iOS commands.
* Experienced with various monitoring tools and ability to perform basic troubleshooting
* Racking, stacking and cabling of equipment
* Excellent phone and written communication skills
* Self starter requiring to work with little or no direction
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities
* Ability to follow through and bring closure to open incidents
* Ability to maintain professional demeanor under pressure like conditions
Certification(s) in areas of expertise MCP, CCNA or higher
Education or Equivalent Experience:s
Minimum of 2 to 4 years relevant experience in NOC/production support environment (preferably in banking/brokerage industry
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
SALARY MIN :
SALARY MAX :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. [ We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. [
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
SALARY MIN :
SALARY MAX :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Share :-Apply Now