Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) Description:
Oversee the development of future component architectures and migration plans. Conceive, design, prototype, and test new methods, algorithms, and models. Define and enforce appropriate technical standards and procedures. The Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Lead Architect role is to provide enterprise level BC/DR consulting services in an advisory capacity focused on designing, developing, and deploying BC/DR strategies, programs, and solutions. The BC/DR Architect is a key member of the Team that will support the delivery of engagements to conduct business impact analysis, establish RTO & RPO targets aligned to defined business goals and objectives. In addition, the consultant use the BC/DR Operating Model combined with proven industry models, methodologies, and frameworks to develop end-to-end DR Plans, documents, templates, and associated collateral to support the overall BC/DR program and solution. The Architect will conduct client workshops and education sessions, and provide program/project management support and oversight during the engagement delivery cycle to ensure that projects are delivered on-time and within budgets. The architect will also support the practice and the Executive Leadership as required in the sales, pre-sales, and development of Statements of Work (SOW) and responding to RFIs and RFPs.
* Manage and lead engagement delivery teams and provide technical leadership in the assessment, design, and management of successful Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity programs in collaboration with our clients.
* Build and develop trusted relationships as a strategic technology advisor with clients, and work internally across CenturyLink teams to help bring our clients the most comprehensive, end-to-end business and IT transformation services to effectively address their business challenges.
* Collaborate with other members of their engagement teams to plan engagements and develop project plans and work programs, timelines, risk assessments, and other planning documents.
* Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex information systems and technology organizations.
* Use knowledge of the current IT environment and industry IT trends to identify the engagement and client service issues and communicate this information to the engagement team and client management through written correspondence and verbal presentations.
* Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
* 5+ years of direct work experience in IT Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Emergency Management
* Demonstrable experience with BC/DR core concepts including BIA analysis, DR Solution and plan development and documentation, BC/DR testing, emergency management communications
* Experience/Technical Knowledge of enterprise class disaster recovery solutions including VMWare SRM, Zerto Virtual Manager, DoubleTake Availability, Veeam etc.
* Experience/Technical Knowledge of KRITIS process and compliancy requirement
* Experience/Technical Knowledge of enterprise class disaster recovery solutions natively used by storage and database technologies
* Deep technical knowledge and expertise in backup and recovery technologies
* Knowledge of cloud computing technologies (AWS, Azure and Google Cloud) and experience in architecting BC/DR solutions in the cloud or replicating and protecting customer environments in the cloud
* strong end-to-end delivery skills (e.g. ability to scope/size a project, staff a team with the appropriate skill set, provide subject matter guidance to a team, manage the delivery of an engagement work stream)
* Support, build, and develop trusted relationships as a technology advisor for clients, and work internally across CenturyLink teams to help bring our clients the most comprehensive, end-to-end BC/DR services to effectively address their business challenges.
* experience in planning, managing, and leading engagement delivery teams with prior project management experience is a must
* experience on strategic consulting engagements developing detailed, compelling and analytical PowerPoint/Excel/Word/Visio deliverables to convey complex thoughts and ideas to various stakeholders
* support the ability to architect, build, and deliver complex solutions leveraging industry leading practices and customization based on a clients environment and operational capabilities
* strong demonstrated project/program management skills specifically the ability to develop project plans that drive and govern the delivery of the scope
* demonstrated ability to bring order to ambiguous situations; candidates must be able to document a clients issues and requirements, and through concrete analysis and insights drawn from past experiences with other clients, determine root causes and develop improvement plans
* demonstrated history of working in teams and providing leadership for junior staff
* proven presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
* proven understanding of ISO 22301 and/or BS 25999 standards and guidelines is a must
* thorough knowledge and understanding of current business continuity and disaster recovery planning techniques, technologies, and methods
* provide consulting on BC/DR strategies and program deployment including design, documentation, tools, metrics and methodologies
* conduct business impact analysis and determine critical processes for various functional areas, identify acceptable recovery time periods, and establish resources required for the successful resumption of business operations in the event of a disaster
* Strong problem structuring and analytical skills
* Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
* Strong collaboration and people leadership skills
* Comfortable working with technical & business teams
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
* Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Share :-Apply Now